both sides of the coin was Re: [IMPROVEDX] Doctor lectures Valley health professionals on dangers of errors

pday daynurse at GMAIL.COM
Wed May 17 20:29:45 UTC 2017


As long as health care money is diverted to insurance companies and
lobbyists who spend the most money of any lobby in the US, we can't afford
to offer healthcare to everyone. I disagree that we can't take care of
every man woman and child.
Peggy Day, RN, retired

On Wed, May 17, 2017 at 9:38 AM, Vic Nicholls <nichollsvi2 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Tom I say this because health care is expensive. Its not like 100 years or
> more ago when people did home remedies and death was simply a part of life.
> We frankly have to admit the hard fact: the US cannot support paying for
> all the health care of people. Hard decisions have to be made. Gotta draw
> the line, and vaccination is a perfect example.
>
> In addition, do you know the Somali reaction to the anti vaxxers? They
> were mad. They realized they got taken advantage of. They realized that
> doctors can be trusted.
>
> So sad. It didn't have to happen. It can be stopped.
>
> I am a harmed patient in more ways than one. Yet I want doctors to own up
> and fix mistakes. You don't do yourselves as a profession any good when
> people realize mistakes were made because that's why they won't trust you
> for anything. I don't want people to throw the baby (doc) out with the
> bathwater (all medical info/research). That's what I've seen a lot of them
> do: every sort of woo they'll hold onto because of harm from the/one
> medical establishment. It grows into the massive disaster that is anti
> vaccination, autism causes, etc.
>
> It starts by saying we are adult enough, as Tom put below, to stand up for
> our mistakes and show others how to react.
>
> Vic
>
> On 5/17/2017 9:10 AM, Tom Benzoni wrote:
>
> Maybe getting a bit tangential, but Vic brings up an interesting question.
>
> One feature that differentiates adults from children in a major way is
> taking responsibility for one's own choices (and conversely, not taking
> responsibility for other's choices, but that's a topic for another day.)
>
> Rather simple solution: If a person, family or group opts out of
> vaccination (not true medical exemption) they could post a bond. An actuary
> could price this out; we can with carbon credits. This bond could be posted
> by the entity proposing (in the way an employer bonds her employees) or
> bought a la carte. This would give an air of legitimacy to the anti-vaxxers
> I think they'd welcome. Don't drink from a trough you don't help fill.
>
> tom
>
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
>
> To unsubscribe from IMPROVEDX: click the following link:
> http://list.improvediagnosis.org/scripts/wa-IMPDIAG.exe?
> SUBED1=IMPROVEDX&A=1 or send email to: IMPROVEDX-SIGNOFF-REQUEST@
> LIST.IMPROVEDIAGNOSIS.ORG
>
> Moderator:David Meyers, Board Member, Society for Improving Diagnosis in
> Medicine
>
> To learn more about SIDM visit:
> http://www.improvediagnosis.org/






Moderator: David Meyers, Board Member, Society to Improve Diagnosis in Medicine

To unsubscribe from the IMPROVEDX list, click the following link:<br>
<a href="http://list.improvediagnosis.org/scripts/wa-IMPDIAG.exe?SUBED1=IMPROVEDX&A=1" target="_blank">http://list.improvediagnosis.org/scripts/wa-IMPDIAG.exe?SUBED1=IMPROVEDX&A=1</a>
</p>

HTML Version:
URL: <../attachments/20170517/896448cb/attachment.html>


More information about the Test mailing list