both sides of the coin was Re: [IMPROVEDX] Doctor lectures Valley health professionals on dangers of errors

robert bell rmsbell200 at YAHOO.COM
Wed May 17 22:51:31 UTC 2017


I would agree with Peggy. Many, many advanced countries offer healthcare to all. I think we need a single payer system to control costs as nearly all those advanced countries successfully do.

If we did that we could climb back up in the international health ratings and banish the collective mediocrity we are currently stuck in. 

There would be adjustments - but so worth it.

Rob Bell, M.D.

> On May 17, 2017, at 1:29 PM, pday <daynurse at GMAIL.COM> wrote:
> 
> As long as health care money is diverted to insurance companies and lobbyists who spend the most money of any lobby in the US, we can't afford to offer healthcare to everyone. I disagree that we can't take care of every man woman and child. 
> Peggy Day, RN, retired
> 
> On Wed, May 17, 2017 at 9:38 AM, Vic Nicholls <nichollsvi2 at gmail.com <mailto:nichollsvi2 at gmail.com>> wrote:
> Tom I say this because health care is expensive. Its not like 100 years or more ago when people did home remedies and death was simply a part of life. We frankly have to admit the hard fact: the US cannot support paying for all the health care of people. Hard decisions have to be made. Gotta draw the line, and vaccination is a perfect example. 
> 
> In addition, do you know the Somali reaction to the anti vaxxers? They were mad. They realized they got taken advantage of. They realized that doctors can be trusted. 
> 
> So sad. It didn't have to happen. It can be stopped. 
> 
> I am a harmed patient in more ways than one. Yet I want doctors to own up and fix mistakes. You don't do yourselves as a profession any good when people realize mistakes were made because that's why they won't trust you for anything. I don't want people to throw the baby (doc) out with the bathwater (all medical info/research). That's what I've seen a lot of them do: every sort of woo they'll hold onto because of harm from the/one medical establishment. It grows into the massive disaster that is anti vaccination, autism causes, etc. 
> 
> It starts by saying we are adult enough, as Tom put below, to stand up for our mistakes and show others how to react. 
> 
> Vic 
> 
> On 5/17/2017 9:10 AM, Tom Benzoni wrote:
>> Maybe getting a bit tangential, but Vic brings up an interesting question.
>> 
>> One feature that differentiates adults from children in a major way is taking responsibility for one's own choices (and conversely, not taking responsibility for other's choices, but that's a topic for another day.)
>> 
>> Rather simple solution: If a person, family or group opts out of vaccination (not true medical exemption) they could post a bond. An actuary could price this out; we can with carbon credits. This bond could be posted by the entity proposing (in the way an employer bonds her employees) or bought a la carte. This would give an air of legitimacy to the anti-vaxxers I think they'd welcome. Don't drink from a trough you don't help fill.
>> 
>> tom
>> 
> 
> 
> 
> Address messages to: IMPROVEDX at LIST.IMPROVEDIAGNOSIS.ORG <mailto:IMPROVEDX at LIST.IMPROVEDIAGNOSIS.ORG>
> 
> To unsubscribe from IMPROVEDX: click the following link:
> http://list.improvediagnosis.org/scripts/wa-IMPDIAG.exe?SUBED1=IMPROVEDX&A=1 <http://list.improvediagnosis.org/scripts/wa-IMPDIAG.exe?SUBED1=IMPROVEDX&A=1> or send email to: IMPROVEDX-SIGNOFF-REQUEST at LIST.IMPROVEDIAGNOSIS.ORG <mailto:IMPROVEDX-SIGNOFF-REQUEST at LIST.IMPROVEDIAGNOSIS.ORG>
> 
> Visit the searchable archives or adjust your subscription at: http://list.improvediagnosis.org/scripts/wa-IMPDIAG.exe?INDEX <http://list.improvediagnosis.org/scripts/wa-IMPDIAG.exe?INDEX> 
> Moderator:David Meyers, Board Member, Society for Improving Diagnosis in Medicine
> 
> To learn more about SIDM visit:
> http://www.improvediagnosis.org/ <http://www.improvediagnosis.org/>
> 
> 
> 
> To unsubscribe from IMPROVEDX: click the following link:
> http://list.improvediagnosis.org/scripts/wa-IMPDIAG.exe?SUBED1=IMPROVEDX&A=1 <http://list.improvediagnosis.org/scripts/wa-IMPDIAG.exe?SUBED1=IMPROVEDX&A=1>
> 
> or send email to: IMPROVEDX-SIGNOFF-REQUEST at LIST.IMPROVEDIAGNOSIS.ORG
> 
> Visit the searchable archives or adjust your subscription at: http://list.improvediagnosis.org/scripts/wa-IMPDIAG.exe?INDEX
> 
> 
> Moderator:David Meyers, Board Member, Society for Improving Diagnosis in Medicine
> 
> To learn more about SIDM visit:
> http://www.improvediagnosis.org/
> 







Moderator: David Meyers, Board Member, Society to Improve Diagnosis in Medicine


HTML Version:
URL: <../attachments/20170517/0535684e/attachment.html>


More information about the Test mailing list