Live event webcast: When & where inaccurate or delayed diagnoses happen
Ilse.Garcia at IMPROVEDIAGNOSIS.ORG
Tue Jul 9 14:36:54 UTC 2019
Inaccurate or delayed diagnoses are the most catastrophic and costly of medical errors and will affect most of us in our lifetime. The Society to Improve Diagnosis in Medicine (SIDM)<http://s.bl-1.com/h/c75Kg01L?url=https://www.improvediagnosis.org/> will release new research quantifying the magnitude of the issue and pinpoint the specific disease categories in which inaccurate or delayed diagnoses are most likely to occur. The research will be released online in the peer-reviewed journal, Diagnosis.
The findings suggest potential areas of focus for future research and interventions at a time when the federal government is taking inaccurate and delayed diagnosis seriously. In fact, the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) has made the reduction of diagnostic errors one of its three strategic priorities.
Experts will offer insights on what can be done to reduce the impact and highlight Congress' role in reducing the physical and financial toll that inaccurate and delayed diagnoses take on Americans.
WHO (in alphabetical order):
* Helen Burstin, MD, MPH - Executive Vice President and Chief Executive Officer, Council of Medical Specialty Societies
* Diana Cejas, MD, MPH - Patient sharing personal experience, Durham, NC
* Paul Epner, MBA, MEd - Chief Executive Officer and Co-founder, SIDM
* Thomas Heymann, MBA - President and Executive Director, Sepsis Alliance
* David Newman-Toker, MD, PhD - Professor of Neurology and Director of Johns Hopkins Armstrong Institute for Patient Safety and Quality's Center for Diagnostic Excellence
Thursday, July 11, 2019
Noon-1:00 p.m. ET
The event on Capitol Hill will be streamed live via webcast.
To join via webcast, register here<http://bit.ly/2xk57lQ>.
Ilse García Romero
Marketing and Communications Associate
Society to Improve Diagnosis in Medicine (SIDM)
Ilse.garcia at improvediagnosis.org<mailto:Ilse.garcia at improvediagnosis.org>
(609) 670-3561 EST
Moderator: David Meyers, Board Member, Society to Improve Diagnosis in Medicine
Size: 23249 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the Test